The ScannX Overhead Scanner 2500 delivers a powerful, yet affordable, book scanning solution. The Overhead Scanner 2500 continues to improve the Overhead Scanner 1800 with an improved 25MP Sony CMOS Image Sensor and an upgraded internal image processor resulting in improved image quality and color accuracy. The ScannX Overhead Book Scanner reduces book scanning to page turning, creates flat scans from curved books, removes the user’s thumbs from the scan area, separates the left page from the right page and crops the images with smart tilt correction and auto-cropping.
As powerful as it is, this state-of-the-art scanner solution also makes it easy for everyone to use it. Flexible in design from the ground up, it enables users to control the scanner using a touch screen, a hand button, or a foot pedal, while scanning entire pages at the ultra-fast rate of 6 seconds per page – including dual-facing pages of a book or A3-size documents.
- Ultra-fast scans in six seconds per page, with no pre-scan required
- 25MP Sony CMOS Image Sensor with an Optical Resolution of 330 DPI, with interpolation up to 600 DPI
- Upgraded Internal Image Processor
- A unique hardware design that features overhead scanning to capture face-up books up to 17” x 11” in size, and up to 3" thick, and documents up to 18” x 14”
- Advanced page-flattening algorithms that transform pixels from a 3D, curved surface to a completely flat undistorted image
- Innovative ThumbErase™ automatic digital thumb removal technology for scan-perfect results
- Integrated GlareFree™ side lighting delivers perfect scans of glossy documents that are blotch-free
- ABBYY FineReader technology for unmatched OCR accuracy, with automatic conversion to searchable PDF, Word, MP3, JPEG, TIFF, and PNG file formats
- Integrates with coin, bill, and credit card devices for cost recovery, add-on options for faxing and digital translations
- Security stand to protect the scanner when used in public settings
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.